Saturday, January 27, 2018

Interview with Author Sheri Poe-Pape


Hello everyone, it’s time to take an author interview and today we have Author Sheri Poe-Pape with us. We are interviewing her for the book - "Cassie Pup Takes the Cake??".

1.     When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?  
Ø  About 33 years ago, but I put it on hold to get married.  Started about ten years ago writing children’s stories.  Went to college and beyond in coursework from other children’s literature educational institutions to learn to be a better writer.
 
2.     How long does it take you to write a book?
Ø  About a month.
3.     What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
Ø  I run and teach from my own music school six days a week.  I write each day before I start teaching.
4.     What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
Ø  I have to write from my recliner in the family room.  Most inspiring.
5.     Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
Ø  My first two books and the remaining sequels are inspired from my own white miniature schnauzer.  I have many other books that are inspired by children and my childhood.
6.     What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Ø  Collecting childhood fairy tale books I loved.
7.     What does your family think of your writing?
Ø  My sons support me totally.
8.     What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
Ø  How far one can be creative to come up with the finished products.  Also being your own publisher makes you feel like you earned a master’s in publishing!
9.     How many books have you written? Which is your favourite?
Ø  Two.  Both are my favorites so far.
10.  Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
Ø   Yes. Both parents and grandparents say that their children/grandchildren love to read the stories over and over.
11.  What do you think makes a good story?
Ø  Pulling the reader into the story and the action of the story.  It can hold its own without even illustrations.
12.   As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
Ø  A teacher, but looking back, I used to write and illustrate my own stories a lot so I should have paid attention to this as a child more.


Click HERE to visit the Amazon page

No comments:

Post a Comment