Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Interview with Author Casey Bell


Hello everyone, this is an interview time and today Author Casey Bell is with us...

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
Ans. => I don't think I wanted to be a writer. I saw a movie and it inspired me to write my first book back in 2004. I got writer's block so I stopped. Then in 2007 I decided to write a book based on my high school experience.  From there every time I got an idea I wrote, but I never thought it would get to this point.

How long does it take you to write this book? 



Ans. => This particular book took me about two weeks to write. I was unemployed at the time so I had time.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
Ans. => It depends on the book. Each book has its own story of how I wrote it and how long it took. I generally about the book (story) before writing. I then start writing. Sometimes I get blocked, but for the most part I can write it within a month. The only book that took me twelve years to write is my upcoming book, A Family of Strangers.  A mixture of writers block and procrastination caused it to be that long.

What brought you to write this book?
Ans. => I wanted to share stories and experiences that due to condemnation and judging Americans are too afraid to share. We all know no one is perfect and that we have all made mistakes and done bad things, but yet we still are afraid to share and in the same breathe are hypocritical enough to judge others knowing we have wronged too.  I am hoping when people read this book it will cause them to share their experience and not be ashamed or guilty to do so.

How did you become a published author? Any inspiration?
Ans. => My church had a seminar on how to self-publish books. I went and took all the notes I needed. I then went and self-published my first short story, The Diary of Stephanie Dane, and just kept going. Every time I got an idea I wrote and then published it. My inspiration is life itself. I’m a bit weird in that I can see something going on and then turn it into a book instantly, simply by exaggerating the experience.  Things like people walking, or arguing, or laughing, simple things I see and can make a story out of it.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
Ans. => It is a mixture of my life experiences, people I know experiences, situations from television shows or movies, and lastly my wild imagination. When you’re creative a wild imagination automatically is apart of you.

When did you write your first book and how old were you?
Ans. => The first book I completed was in 2007 and I was twenty-five years young.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Ans. => Graphic designing, cooking, tennis, jogging, performing arts, and listening to music.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
Ans. => Including this book I have published six short stories, one memoir, two word search books, and on March 24 I will be publishing my first children’s book, You Are Beautiful.  There is no such thing as a favorite (for me at least).  Each book has it’s unique story of how it was created so I can say I have a favorite.  However, I will say that this book, Essays from Dysfunctional Families: Literary Betrayal is one of a kind. I have never written a book like this (two books in one.)

What's next for you? What are you working on now?
Ans. => I am in the process of publishing my next book A Family of Strangers.  I can’t say too much about it without spoiling the story line, but for the most part it is about a boy who has been adopted and a few years later his biological parent’s return in his life.  The book’s theme is forgiveness and I already know most people will not enjoy the ending.


Author Website: www.authorcaseybell.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment