Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Interview with Author Chris Mason


  1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
When my books started to sell and most if not all other employment opportunities were closed to me.

  1. How long does it take you to write this book?
Entrepreneur in a Box took me about three months to write.

  1. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
Since I live on a big rig a few factors come into play. The bumpiness of the road, available power supply, internet availability and my mood are just a few of the obstacles I face when writing.

  1. What brought you to write this book?
Due to the fact that all my children went to an online charter school, I had to find ways to save money and found many free resources through the internet. In fact, I still think it is funny when I first asked my daughter’s teachers for resources that could help her when she first entered the world of online schooling, I only received 3 websites. I thought 3 websites from 6 teachers was a sad state of affairs, so Tutor in a Box was born. That was years ago now. My eldest daughter was in sixth grade then, now she is a Junior in college.

My other books were born out of two things that happened at the same time. First, my family had to give up cable to save money but my kids still wanted to see the then popular That’s So Raven. Second, my mother came up with Mason Day to teach my kids that they did not need a lot of money to give someone a nice gift. Mason Day was when a person was assigned a family member and had to make them something, spending only 20 dollars. My thought was “Oh my God”. I had no artistic skills like my daughters’ and could not build things like my son, but I did have impressive research skills. So the “In the Box” series of books was born.

  1. How you become a published author? Any inspiration?
I published my books through Smashwords because it was free and easy.

  1. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
All the information found in the “In the Box” series of books was found on the internet.

  1. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
My first book was written in 2008 but not published till 2013. I was in my mid 30’s.

  1. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
I like to watch movies, read books, play video games and play Backgammon when not writing.

  1. How many books have you written? Which is your favourite?
As of right now I have written eight books.

  1. What's next for you? What are you working on now?
I am currently taking a break from writing to focus on marketing the books I have already written.


Video Store in a Box Book Links


Arcade in a Box Book Links



Book Store in   Box Book Links


App in a Box Book Links


Production Studio a Box Book Link

 


 

Entrepreneur in a Box Book Links




No comments:

Post a Comment