Saturday, June 4, 2016

Interview with Author R.J. Jerome



Hello everyone, it’s time to take an author interview and today Author R.J. Jerome is with us.


  1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
Ans. => I never wanted to be a writer. I wanted to be a musician, but as fate has it, in 2009 a story came to me and I needed to get it on paper.

  1. How long does it take you to write a book? 
Ans. =>My first two books in the Pelagius Game series were written in about 18 months. My third book, September Son, will have taken 2 years to complete.

  1. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
Ans. => I have to be in the mood to write any more. Back in the day I would just put down whatever thoughts came to mind and worked out the details later. These days, I’ve become a bit more cautious and critical.

  1. What brought you to write The Pelagius Gameseries?
Ans. =>My books are based off of fantasy, paranormal and religious themes. So when I was invited to a Cathedral in England, I witnessed two priests in what seemed to be a heated discussion and my imagination led me to believe that they were hiding something supernatural.

  1. How did you become a published author? Any inspiration?
Ans. =>I was very lucky. I had a good story in my head, but my writing was terrible. I sent a copy to eTreasures Publishing and they brought me on board. The first book was a top seller and so I was forced to up my game for the second book. Inspirations? It’s weird, but when I see a painting/picture I love I get inspired to write. 

  1. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
Ans. =>I don’t know. Sometimes they come in dreams, voices in my head or alcoholic hallucinations. I really can’t say. I use to just auto write.

  1. What do you find is the most difficult part about being a writer?
Ans. =>What I’ve noticed is that Authors and Artists all have God complexes and yet we are all scared of rejection and failure. Yes, even the pretty ones with all the right answers. We are creators of worlds and art. So dealing with my mood swings, fears, anxieties, the voices, that is the hardest part. Finding someone who’s in my tree would be a relief. 

  1. Who are your favourite Authors and Artists?
Ans. =>Being a terrible dyslexic makes it hard for me to comprehend what I read. So I don’t do it much. But if I had to pick and author, I’d go with R.A. Salvatore. My favourite artists are Rene Magritte, for his brilliance, and K.M.Cheh, for her purity. I need to get Cheh to draw my next book cover. 

  1. How many books have you written? Which is your favourite?
Ans. =>I have 2 book published so far in the Pelagius Game series, Valstain and Born Villain. My third book, September Son, is due out by the end of the year and it is by far my favourite. 

  1. What's next for you? What are you working on now?
Ans. =>Finishing September Son and then going back to Salem Massachusetts for inspiration for my fourth book. I may also write a poetry book under the name Gemini. In closing I want to thank you for taking the time to interview me. It was a blast.








No comments:

Post a Comment