It’s time for another author interview! Today Author Amy Wolf is with us. She is a Kindle Scout winner for her novel THE MISSES BRONTES ESTABLISHMENT, which launched on August 11, 2015.
Ans. => I’d say about 4th grade.
- How long does it take you to write this book?
Ans. I wrote MISSES BRONTES during NaNoWriMo, so it took me exactly a month. Revisions, of course, consumed several more.
- What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
Ans. => I try to be very disciplined. I start at the same time each morning, and make sure that I either 1) Write 3,000 worrds or 2) Spend 5 hours making revisions
- What brought you to write this book?
Ans. => A lifelong love of the Brontes
- How you become a published author? Any inspiration?
Ans. => I attended the Clarion West Writer’s Workshop in Seattle and was taught by six incredible pro teachers. This experience made me feel like I could do it too.
- Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
Ans. => I researched the Brontes extensively: I have about 6,000 notes in a database. The idea came to me one day when I was sitting at work: “What if…?”
- When did you write your first book and how old were you?
Ans. => I was in the sixth-grade! It was a childrens book called Albert the Bee. I still have it. I think I was about around 11.
- What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Ans. => Promoting my books on social media! Also, I have two horses, so riding. Love reading & going to movies!
- How many books have you written? Which is your favourite?
Ans. => To date, I’ve written six. I think my favorite is the 1st book of my Cavernis Trilogy.
- What's next for you? What are you working on now?
Ans. => I am finishing up a YA Fantasy trilogy about Cavernis, a land populated with dragons. It’s not your typical fantasy: there’s a lot of humor, and I turn what you think you know about dragons on its head!