Saturday, December 12, 2015

Interview with Author Steven Arnett


Hello everyone, it’s time to take an author interview and today Author Steven Arnett is with us. We are interviewing him for his book "Death on Lake Michigan", which launched on September 20, 2015.


    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015NM9RSA/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B015NM9RSA&linkCode=as2&tag=readfavoandbo-20
  1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
Ans. => Around age 19, when I was in college at Michigan State University and was inspired by the poetry and fiction I read for my classes. 
  1. How long does it take you to write this book?
Ans. => About a one and a half. 
  1. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
Ans. => I don’t write much anymore, but when I did I mostly wrote first thing in the morning, before I went to work. 
  1. What brought you to write this book?
Ans. => I wrote Death on Lake Michigan a couple of decades ago, so I don’t remember exactly, but at the time I had many ideas for stories, and this was one of them. 
  1. How you become a published author? Any inspiration?
Ans. => I became aware of the possibilities for publishing e-books, did some research, and finally concluded that Smashwords would be a good place for me to publish some of the things that I’ve written. 
  1. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
Ans. => Story ideas come to me, somehow.  I don’t go looking for ideas!  However, I do a great deal of reading, which keeps a lot of ideas churning in my head.
  1. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
Ans. => I wrote my first novel in about 1980, and I was 29 years old. 
  1. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Ans. => I love reading enormously and could almost be considered a reading addict!  Other than that, I enjoy spending time with my Taiwanese wife, Delphine, and our 9 year old daughter, Vivienne.  We like to take walks with our Boston terrier, Noble, and we have travelled to many countries together.   
  1. How many books have you written? Which is your favourite?
Ans. => I have written 4 novels and many short stories and poems.  Each of the novels are quite different.  I have published 2 novels so far: Death on Lake Michigan is a mystery, and Winners and Losers is a dark comedy.  During the next year or so, I will publish a novel called The Labyrinth, which is a more literary novel but with a touch of mystery to it.  After that I will publish a novel called The Summer of Robert Byron—that book was my first novel, and I would characterize it as a romance in the old fashioned sense.  However, it doesn’t fit into the romance genre.  At some point, I will also publish a book of short stories.
  1. What's next for you? What are you working on now?
Ans. => My plan is to prepare all the things I’ve already written for publication and to publish and market them.  I haven’t decided yet whether I will write anything new. 


  We like to thanks Author Steven Arnett for answering our questions and we also like to thanks our readers and followers for supporting us. Keep in touch for more information about books and authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment